Future of ShellEnhancer Poll

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about ShellEnhancer that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

What version of Windows do you use for ShellEnhancer?

Windows 2003
No votes
Windows XP
88%
Windows 2000
12%
Windows NT 4.0
No votes
Windows ME
No votes
Windows 98
No votes
Windows 95
No votes

Total votes : 26

Windows XP

Postby Autumnmist » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:10 pm

WinXP
Autumnmist

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:23 pm

xp

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:36 pm

Windows XP

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Windows XP

Postby DeniZz » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:21 pm

Windows XP SP2
DeniZz

Postby stickboy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:11 pm

Sigh. I guess I'm one of the few using Windows 2000, which is a shame since I've never had any problems with ShellEnhancer crashing.
stickboy

Postby omagg » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:29 am

Windows ME user :roll:
omagg

My OS

Postby Robert Reese » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:38 am

Windows 2000 Pro. Since XP is just an modified (read: extra junk added) version of W2K, it seems likely that ShellEnhancer would work with W2K.

Cheers,
Robert Reese~
Robert Reese

NuonSoft Poll: Future of ShellEnhancer?

Postby ifLogic » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:47 am

Use Windows XP SP2 Win98SE Windows 2000 Pro Windows Server 2003.

The only problem's I've had is a conflict when using Shell Enhancer and StyleXP together in Windows XP (StyleXP Only works in Windows XP). They don't seem to like each other and tend to crash the system at unpredictable intervals. So for now I'm just using Shell Enhancer. It has more features that I actually do use.

Thanks.
ifLogic

Postby AnotherGuest » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:11 am

Windows XP Pro.

P.S. - Thank you for ShellEnhancer. It, by far, is one of the most utilized and quite useful programs I have come across for desktop enhancements. I truly appreciate the hard work put into SE and look forwards to more possible features in the future if time permits you. Keep up the fantastic work.
AnotherGuest

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:59 am

Windows xp

Re: My OS

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:12 am

Robert Reese wrote:Windows 2000 Pro. Since XP is just an modified (read: extra junk added) version of W2K, it seems likely that ShellEnhancer would work with W2K.

That's not true. The Windows XP Win32 API (Application Programming Interface) contains a lot of new things that only work on XP or later. So XP might just be a minor version update but it does have new functionality that is not available on 2000.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:14 am

stickboy wrote:Sigh. I guess I'm one of the few using Windows 2000, which is a shame since I've never had any problems with ShellEnhancer crashing.
Like one of the previous posters suggested, I might add a compatibility layer to the backend, which means that when you run ShellEnhancer on something older than Windows XP, it uses the old backend methods and when you run it on Windows XP, it uses the new more safe method. Of course, I will spend more time tweaking the new method and spend less time on the old one, but this way it will still work on older versions of Windows.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Re: NuonSoft Poll: Future of ShellEnhancer?

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:16 am

ifLogic wrote:Use Windows XP SP2 Win98SE Windows 2000 Pro Windows Server 2003.

The only problem's I've had is a conflict when using Shell Enhancer and StyleXP together in Windows XP (StyleXP Only works in Windows XP). They don't seem to like each other and tend to crash the system at unpredictable intervals. So for now I'm just using Shell Enhancer. It has more features that I actually do use.

I will look into that StyleXP problem. Thanks for mentioning it.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:17 am

AnotherGuest wrote:Thank you for ShellEnhancer. It, by far, is one of the most utilized and quite useful programs I have come across for desktop enhancements. I truly appreciate the hard work put into SE and look forwards to more possible features in the future if time permits you. Keep up the fantastic work.
Thank you for the compliments :D :cool:
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

PreviousNext

Return to SE - General