Future of ShellEnhancer Poll

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about ShellEnhancer that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

What version of Windows do you use for ShellEnhancer?

Windows 2003
No votes
Windows XP
88%
Windows 2000
12%
Windows NT 4.0
No votes
Windows ME
No votes
Windows 98
No votes
Windows 95
No votes

Total votes : 26

Re: Windows XP Pro w/ SP2

Postby DrWorm » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:45 am

Marc G wrote:
fenzo wrote:Can't wait for the new release!!
It will still be a while, can't put a date on it. The todo list is quite big and I'm afraid that some things won't even make it into the next release.

Having a more stable version of SE will be great just for starters. Right now I don't run it for very long before it interfers with an application and I have to shut it down.
DrWorm

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:08 am

DrWorm wrote:Having a more stable version of SE will be great just for starters. Right now I don't run it for very long before it interfers with an application and I have to shut it down.
Can you tell me what program that is?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:47 am

Win XP Excellent program. Thanks

Postby DrWorm » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:32 pm

Marc G wrote:
DrWorm wrote:Having a more stable version of SE will be great just for starters. Right now I don't run it for very long before it interfers with an application and I have to shut it down.
Can you tell me what program that is?

DreamWeaver MX 2004 seems to lock up sometimes. Not often, but often enough. I can close it by using "End Task", but can't open it again until I close SE.

And with Photoshop CS and 7, the MDI window (sub-window with the image) loses focus everytime you click on a palette such as when selecting a tool or creating a new layer.

I'm pretty sure you are already aware of how SE effects Java apps.

Sorry if I didn't report these earlier. I was meaning to disable some SE features to see which was causing the problems. I can't reproduce the DW problem. Just happens for no apparent reason every now and again.
DrWorm

RE what version of windows do you use

Postby G Stone » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 pm

I use windows xp pro. I like shell enhancer very much and find it very useful
G Stone

Postby Amtal » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:24 am

WinXP Pro SP2.

I haven't had any crash problems, but I suspect that there might be a minor GDI leak... I get some display corruption after several days of uptime, and exiting ShellEnhancer tends to correct that. (Sometimes SE will crash on its own before that, tho, although it has never brought down my system.)

One other odd thing: while running SE under an account that's a member of the Power Users group some applications don't shut down cleanly. I've noticed this with SpamEater Pro 4, GhostTyper XML Professional, StyleXP, LIUtilities WinTasks 5 and EventCorder Suite's scheduler application. If I exit SE before exiting them they'll shut down cleanly, but if it's still running they're consistently reproducible. None of these applications have shutdown problems if I'm running as an Administrator and have SE loaded.

Also, QuickTime PictureViewer (6.5.1 pro) shuts down immediately if SE is running. This occurs consistently under a Power User account but only sporadically when running as an Administrator. If I close SE it works fine.
Amtal

Future of ShellEnhancer

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:39 am

Windoze XP Pro
Andy

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:49 am

winXP pro

Postby Marc G » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:35 am

DrWorm wrote:DreamWeaver MX 2004 seems to lock up sometimes. Not often, but often enough. I can close it by using "End Task", but can't open it again until I close SE.
Thank you. I'll look into it.

DrWorm wrote:And with Photoshop CS and 7, the MDI window (sub-window with the image) loses focus everytime you click on a palette such as when selecting a tool or creating a new layer.
The Photoshop losing-focus-problem was already reported.

DrWorm wrote:I'm pretty sure you are already aware of how SE effects Java apps.
Yes, I'm aware of some serious Java problems.

Thank you for mentioning these problems.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:39 am

Amtal wrote:I haven't had any crash problems, but I suspect that there might be a minor GDI leak... I get some display corruption after several days of uptime, and exiting ShellEnhancer tends to correct that. (Sometimes SE will crash on its own before that, tho, although it has never brought down my system.)
What kind of corruption? Noise on your screen? Bigger more bold fonts? ...

Amtal wrote:One other odd thing: while running SE under an account that's a member of the Power Users group some applications don't shut down cleanly. I've noticed this with SpamEater Pro 4, GhostTyper XML Professional, StyleXP, LIUtilities WinTasks 5 and EventCorder Suite's scheduler application. If I exit SE before exiting them they'll shut down cleanly, but if it's still running they're consistently reproducible. None of these applications have shutdown problems if I'm running as an Administrator and have SE loaded.
Mmm, this is really strange. thank you for mentioning it. I will look into it.

Amtal wrote:Also, QuickTime PictureViewer (6.5.1 pro) shuts down immediately if SE is running. This occurs consistently under a Power User account but only sporadically when running as an Administrator. If I close SE it works fine.
Ok, added this to the todo list.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Rothes » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:15 pm

Windows XP :lol:
Rothes

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:54 pm

I use it under both XP and 2000.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:48 pm