Roll Up

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about ShellEnhancer that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Roll Up

Postby ckjnigel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:37 pm

First of all, congrats on this software -- I've had it for almost three days on this new PC, and haven't seen any probs yet; I especially like how it looks with Style XP, more pleasing to me than Window Blinds.
BUT, this roll up stuff annoys me. Do I understand correctly that there's no way to rollup/rolldown just simply by double-clicking the title bar? I imagine I could effect that by disabling this function in Shell Enhancer and by loading the freeware Doughnut...
I'm receptive to any alternative approaches that will make it easy to look at a wb page for info and compose in an always-on-top Notepad or whatever.
The transparency function is working great with the SiS 760 integrated graphics; I'll keep fingers crossed that the switch to an nVidia 6600GT card won't bork it!
ckjnigel

Re: Roll Up

Postby Marc G » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:26 am

ckjnigel wrote:First of all, congrats on this software -- I've had it for almost three days on this new PC, and haven't seen any probs yet; I especially like how it looks with Style XP, more pleasing to me than Window Blinds.
Thank you :D
ckjnigel wrote:BUT, this roll up stuff annoys me. Do I understand correctly that there's no way to rollup/rolldown just simply by double-clicking the title bar? I imagine I could effect that by disabling this function in Shell Enhancer and by loading the freeware Doughnut...
I'm receptive to any alternative approaches that will make it easy to look at a wb page for info and compose in an always-on-top Notepad or whatever.
With the current public version you can only rollup/rolldown a window by using a hotkey and pressing the left mouse button. Double-click to rollup/down will be included in the next release.
ckjnigel wrote:The transparency function is working great with the SiS 760 integrated graphics; I'll keep fingers crossed that the switch to an nVidia 6600GT card won't bork it!
That should not cause any problems.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:28 pm

Just wanted to mention that I still find SE invaluable. I've started using the desktop version of Evernote and am finding SE essential to create transparency and always on top abilities. But, that program has a title bar eliminate option which, I'd guess you'd know, will then block SE.

Postby Marc G » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:Just wanted to mention that I still find SE invaluable. I've started using the desktop version of Evernote and am finding SE essential to create transparency and always on top abilities. But, that program has a title bar eliminate option which, I'd guess you'd know, will then block SE.

What do you mean with block?
You can always use the Ctrl+Alt+S (or the shortcut you've assigned) to open the ShellEnhancer menu, select your window in that menu and make it ontop or whatever.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - General