Fade, Taskbar

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Fade, Taskbar

Postby icec » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:27 pm

With X-Window Style moving/resizing and a moving transparency or resizing transparency, clicking one of the items on the window taskbar (on the taskbar) with the hotkey causes the whole taskbar to become slightly [more] transparent.

Also, the fading system does not run at consistent speeds over different window sizes, ie. a fullscreen window will take a few seconds to fade and a small window fades almost instantly.

And, a feature request: How about setting a hotkey+click to be able to close taskbar items? (ie, shift-clicking a taskbar item closes it)

How about an option to disable the transparency when a window is maximized? (Is this possible?) This could be a application-specific option.

You may have already fixed these bugs for the next release, and it seemed like you were in a feature lock for the time being, but just stuff to ponder on :)

Thanks!
icec
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: Fade, Taskbar

Postby Marc G » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:13 pm

icec wrote:With X-Window Style moving/resizing and a moving transparency or resizing transparency, clicking one of the items on the window taskbar (on the taskbar) with the hotkey causes the whole taskbar to become slightly [more] transparent.

Yes, small bug, but the transparency should be restored to normal once you stop clicking on it with the mouse. Doesn't it?

icec wrote:Also, the fading system does not run at consistent speeds over different window sizes, ie. a fullscreen window will take a few seconds to fade and a small window fades almost instantly.

That was a design decision, but you are correct that there is a big difference in speed between fading a large window versus a small window.
I will take a look at it what I can do about this.

icec wrote:And, a feature request: How about setting a hotkey+click to be able to close taskbar items? (ie, shift-clicking a taskbar item closes it)

Do you mean "closing the application" or "removing the button from the taskbar"?
If you mean "closing the application", I like that suggestion and will add it to the todo list.

icec wrote:How about an option to disable the transparency when a window is maximized? (Is this possible?) This could be a application-specific option.

Disable what transparency? Do you mean the following:
You have an AutoManaged window rule which sets the transparency of that window to a certain value and when you maximize that window, the window should become fully opaque and when you un-maximize (restore) that window again the window should again become transparent? Or do you mean something else?

icec wrote:You may have already fixed these bugs for the next release, and it seemed like you were in a feature lock for the time being, but just stuff to ponder on :)

Thanks!

Thank you for the bug-reports and suggestions. I really appreciate them and I will certainly ponder on the suggestions ;)
Unfortunately I'm currently in the middle of some exams for the university, so further development is posponed till after the exams (at the end of june).
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
User avatar
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:19 pm
Location: Belgium

Postby icec » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:20 pm

Yes, the taskbar transparency returns to normal after clicking.

Do you mean "closing the application" or "removing the button from the taskbar"?


Closing the application. :)

Do you mean the following:
You have an AutoManaged window rule which sets the transparency of that window to a certain value and when you maximize that window, the window should become fully opaque and when you un-maximize (restore) that window again the window should again become transparent? Or do you mean something else?


Yes, exactly how I would imagine it would work.


Good Luck on your exams!!
icec
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: USA

Postby Marc G » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:48 pm

icec wrote:Yes, the taskbar transparency returns to normal after clicking.

Ok.
Still it's a bug that needs to be solved ;)

icec wrote:Closing the application. :)

Ok, added it to the todo list.

icec wrote:
Do you mean the following:
You have an AutoManaged window rule which sets the transparency of that window to a certain value and when you maximize that window, the window should become fully opaque and when you un-maximize (restore) that window again the window should again become transparent? Or do you mean something else?


Yes, exactly how I would imagine it would work.

Added to the todo list.


icec wrote:Good Luck on your exams!!

Thank you :)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
User avatar
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:19 pm
Location: Belgium


Return to SE - Bug Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron