Overload hard disk

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Overload hard disk

Postby zakgj01 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Hello
I am not sure if it's related to SE but when I exit SE it solve the problem & when I start SE it starts again.
The problem starts when using programs such as Photo Editors, I think programs that write large cache on the hard disk so the hard disk starts to write or read all the time even when all the programs that run before are closed , I found that exiting SE stop that.
To be more sure I rolled bake to SE 2 beta & now there is no such behaver.
I am running Windows XP pro SP2 , 1 MB ram Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ Maxtor 200GB NTFS ~ 30% free
Jack
Thanks
zakgj01

Postby Marc G » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:11 pm

Mmm :?
I never came across this behavior. Can you give me a specific example of such a photo editor with which you are experiencing this problem? Can you see in the Windows Taskmanager how much IO the process is reading/writing?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby zakgj01 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Marc G wrote:Mmm :?
I never came across this behavior. Can you give me a specific example of such a photo editor with which you are experiencing this problem? Can you see in the Windows Taskmanager how much IO the process is reading/writing?

Mostly when I use Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0.2.3 or PotoShop cs2 but it's not only photo editors it's could happen when I run on the same time media player such as KMPlayer so in a way I can't point what but if I use a program for long time then I get this behaver , for the time bing switching to SE 2 beta solved the problem.
I/O for which program? if you want for SE I have to switch back to SE 3
zakgj01

Postby Marc G » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:50 pm

strange...
I will put it on the watch list for the next development iteration.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports