Conflict w/QT2.12 on Win98

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Conflict w/QT2.12 on Win98

Postby absurdist » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:43 pm

Help! Every time my app (The Way Things Work) tries to play a QT animation or video, it hangs and forces a quit/restart of the program. With SE not running everything is fine. And yes, it's the newest beta. Any suggestions?
absurdist

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:58 am

You might try to add an empty Auto Managed Rule for that application.
Go to the settings of ShellEnhancer, click on the "Auto Managed Windows" tab. Click on the "+" to add a rule. Specify the application and uncheck all options below.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby absurdist » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:01 pm

I'll try that, but locking the window in place is exactly what I need to accomlish. And if I remember correctly I tried that and it didn't seem to work, simply having SE running was enough to make it puke and die. I'll poke around a little more though.
absurdist

Postby absurdist » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:46 pm

Didn't work. I've tried pretty much every combination. Just having SE running in the background, with nothing turned on, is enough to cause the conflict.
absurdist

Postby Marc G » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:13 pm

Ok, then I'll try to look into this to fix in the next release.
Can I download that application somewhere to test?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby absurdist » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:11 pm

It's a commercial program, but I'll be happy to send you a copy of it. (I have a legitimate spare)
absurdist

Postby Marc G » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:00 pm

No need to send me a commercial program.
Isn't there a trial/demo of the program? If not, I'll try to test with some other programs using QT.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:01 am

None is available that I know of, as the company that built it no longer exists. It seems to be more a problem related to calling QT from another application. It may also have to do with the ancient version of QT I have to use. In any event, don't worry about it, as I've found a workaround that's acceptable, and this is the only app I've found that SE chokes on.

Postby Marc G » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:In any event, don't worry about it, as I've found a workaround that's acceptable, and this is the only app I've found that SE chokes on.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. There are quite some compatibility problems with the current version of ShellEnhancer that I will try to solve.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports