X-Windows-style window movement incompatibilities

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

X-Windows-style window movement incompatibilities

Postby stickboy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:02 am

The X-Windows-style Alt+drag window movement ability doesn't interferes with some of Photoshop's tools. For example, if the magnifier/zoom tool is selected in Photoshop, holding down the Alt key while left-clicking zooms out. With ShellEnhancer running, though, the nothing happens.

As another example, holding down the Alt key while double-clicking on a file icon normally displays the file's property dialog. ShellEnhancer interferes with this, though.

Would it be possible for ShellEnhancer to distinguish between mouse button clicks and drags?
stickboy

Postby Marc G » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:00 am

I'm not sure if I can distinguish between mouse click and drag but will look into it.

As a possible solution, you can assign another dead-key as your X-Window style moving/resizing hotkey, for exampl use CTRL+ALT. Let me know if this solves your problems.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:59 pm

In case that's not viable, how about an exempt list for programs? That is, a list of applications in which the X-Window style moving/resizing shouldn't be enabled. That might be tricky, I suppose...

Postby Marc G » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:40 am

Anonymous wrote:In case that's not viable, how about an exempt list for programs? That is, a list of applications in which the X-Window style moving/resizing shouldn't be enabled. That might be tricky, I suppose...

Well, that is already possible in the current version ;)
Go to the ShellEnhancer settings and click on the "Auto Managed Windows" tab. Now, click on the "+" button to add a new auto managed window. Specify the application that you want to exclude from X-Window moving/resizing and make sure the checkbox called "Allow X-Window style moving/resizing" is not checked and click OK.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports