Taskswitcher: Increasing preview increases XP style

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Taskswitcher: Increasing preview increases XP style

Postby DrWorm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:21 am

I changed my preview image size from 170 to 340 and when I enable "Use Windows XP Visual themes to draw the TaskSwitcher" the skin becomes 4 times larger (pixelated) and the TaskSwitcher windows takes up excess space.

Whilst I'm here, it would be great if the TaskSwitcher used different element of the XP Visual theme to create a prettier window. Here's an example - http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswit ... shots.html
DrWorm

Re: Taskswitcher: Increasing preview increases XP style

Postby Marc G » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:51 am

DrWorm wrote:I changed my preview image size from 170 to 340 and when I enable "Use Windows XP Visual themes to draw the TaskSwitcher" the skin becomes 4 times larger (pixelated) and the TaskSwitcher windows takes up excess space.
That's done by design at this moment. However, maybe it will be changed in the future.

DrWorm wrote:Whilst I'm here, it would be great if the TaskSwitcher used different element of the XP Visual theme to create a prettier window. Here's an example - http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswit ... shots.html
The first screenshot on that page is exactly what ShellEnhancer is doing. The only different one is the second screenshot on that page which is not possible right now with ShellEnhancer. Which layout do you prefer?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DrWorm » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Hmmm... now I think about it this is perhaps a bit too much to ask. I thought that SE and TaskSwitchXP used different elements of the Visual Style but I remembered now that TaskSwitchXP has 6 different XP Visual Styles. Each of the TaskSwitchXP styles uses a different element of the windows visual style and which one I use all depends on which Visual Style I'm using.
DrWorm

Postby Marc G » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:39 am

Maybe in the future I might add new layouts, but this has lower priority. Anyway, if you change the visual style of Windows XP, ShellEnhancer will of course use that new style to paint the TaskSwitcher.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports