Unable to detach the input threads

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Unable to detach the input threads

Postby Luke » Wed May 19, 2004 7:52 pm

Bug report - I have configured shell enhancer to send Alt-F4 (to shut down active window) when I press a certain key combination. Sometimes, for certain applications I get an error message "unable to detach the input threads" in a Shell Enhancer message box (but the window closes anyway).

for example, this happens with metapad.exe (Notepad replacement).

I'm running WinXP.

Apart from that I'm also looking forward to when the extra shell menu options on each window can be turned off :wink:
Luke

Postby Marc G » Thu May 20, 2004 5:32 pm

That's indeed a bug.
I never thought of using a task to close send Alt-F4, and the error is shown because the window has just been destroyed by sending Alt-F4.

I'll fix it in the next release.

Apart from that I'm also looking forward to when the extra shell menu options on each window can be turned off

If you want to remove all extra menu items, that's already possible with the current version. The option is called "Add menu items to the system/window menu of each window". If you disable this option, all extra menuitems will be removed from the window menus.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Re: Cannot detach input threads

Postby Luke » Fri May 21, 2004 12:29 pm

If you want to remove all extra menu items, that's already possible with the current version. The option is called "Add menu items to the system/window menu of each window". If you disable this option, all extra menuitems will be removed from the window menus.

Yes but that feature doesnt work! I think it is reported elsewhere as a seperate bug...
Luke

Postby Marc G » Fri May 21, 2004 3:02 pm

:oops: yes, you are right, sorry about that.
Then you'll have to wait for the next release.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports