"X-Windows Style" moving and resizing

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

"X-Windows Style" moving and resizing

Postby kossak » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:48 pm

hi,

There is one feature I greatly miss from Linux / X-Windows, and a very practical one: The ability to:

1 - Move windows by holding the "Alt" key and then left-clicking-holding *anywhere* in the window and dragging it.

2 - Resize windows by holding the "Alt" key and then right-clicking-holding *anywhere* in the window and dragging it. the corner that is resized is decided by how close the click was to each of the four corners.

Please consider this and consider shortening ShellEnhancer release cycle, as that would probably garner it more public attention.
kossak

Postby Marc G » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:46 am

"X-Window style moving/resizing" is allready built-in since ShellEnhancer 1.0 Beta.
Open the ShellEnhancer settings and on the general tab scroll until you see the settings group called "X-Window style moving/resizing". Setup the feature as you wish.

Please consider this and consider shortening ShellEnhancer release cycle, as that would probably garner it more public attention.

ShellEnhancer is quite a difficult program to develop and I do have others projects going on at the same time...
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby kossak » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:01 pm

Marc G wrote:"X-Window style moving/resizing" is allready built-in since ShellEnhancer 1.0 Beta.
Open the ShellEnhancer settings and on the general tab scroll until you see the settings group called "X-Window style moving/resizing". Setup the feature as you wish.

Actually, I already had used it a while back, but reinstalled my pc, and forgot all about it!

:oops:

sorry!
kossak

Postby Marc G » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:09 pm

No problem ;)

btw: In one of the future versions, the settings dialog will be rewritten to be more user friendly, which might help to find certain settings ...
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Wishlist