ColorKey enhancement

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

ColorKey enhancement

Postby synmoo » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:30 pm

Hi,

What would make this feature really useful is to have an option to set the transparency level for the color it replaces rather then just have it 100% transparent. This would allow cool transparency settings that mimic the OSX terminal for example.

It would also be really nice to have the option to not "click-through" the transparency color. i.e. I still want the window to be able to select text, o/w it makes it kind of useless for anything with text as you cannot select it.

Thanks!
synmoo

Re: ColorKey enhancement

Postby Marc G » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:37 am

synmoo wrote:What would make this feature really useful is to have an option to set the transparency level for the color it replaces rather then just have it 100% transparent. This would allow cool transparency settings that mimic the OSX terminal for example.

I'll see if this is possible

synmoo wrote:It would also be really nice to have the option to not "click-through" the transparency color. i.e. I still want the window to be able to select text, o/w it makes it kind of useless for anything with text as you cannot select it.

I don't think this is possible. When the background is completely transparent, Windows treats it as truly transparent and let you click-through it. But I will see if your first suggestion is possible to implement and this will automatically solve the second issue, because you could set the transparency of that color to say 99% instead of 100% and thus it won't be click-through. But i'm not sure if it's possible.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:18 pm

Thanks Marc!

Return to SE - Wishlist