Roll-up feature and Mouse gestures

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Roll-up feature and Mouse gestures

Postby Maddog » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:32 am

Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked for before, but here we go:
Today, the roll-up allows me to take a peek at the rolled-up windows, but not to work with them.

I wish for the rolled-up window to be active as long as the mouse is pointed at them, so I could work with a window that is currently rolled-up.

Another thing I would like to see is an OSD of the mouse gesture. and more custom gestures, like making diagonal gestures (like the slash button: "/" )

I'm in love with your program after just two days of usage!
Thanks!
Maddog

Re: Roll-up feature and Mouse gestures

Postby Marc G » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:42 pm

Maddog wrote:Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked for before, but here we go:
Today, the roll-up allows me to take a peek at the rolled-up windows, but not to work with them.

I wish for the rolled-up window to be active as long as the mouse is pointed at them, so I could work with a window that is currently rolled-up.

Yes, this is on the todo list.

Maddog wrote:Another thing I would like to see is an OSD of the mouse gesture. and more custom gestures, like making diagonal gestures (like the slash button: "/" )

What do you mean? The current version displays the action associated with the mouse gesture as an OSD. There is an "OSD" button in the "Manage hotkey tasks" window.

Maddog wrote:I'm in love with your program after just two days of usage!
Thanks!

I'm glad you like it :D
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Marc G wrote:What do you mean? The current version displays the action associated with the mouse gesture as an OSD. There is an "OSD" button in the "Manage hotkey tasks" window.

I mean - see the gesture as you perform it, as a line drawn on the screen :)

also, I noticed that there's no delay for the gesture, I'll explain what I mean:

Since I use the Maxthon browser (which has mouse gestures as well) and it uses the right mouse key for gestures, I'm forced to use the middle mouse key with SE. BUT, when I just want to use the middle key to say scroll the page (single click on a webpage), I can't because SE informs me that this is not a recognized gesture.
The middle mouse button should only be recognized as a gesture if I like hold it for more that a few miliseconds (or if I move the mouse while holding it).

Sorry for being ambiguous, I'm a bit tired and English is not my native language :)

Thanks

Postby Maddog » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:I mean - see the gesture as you perform it, as a line drawn on the screen :)

not a MUST, but would be really nice to have it :)

---

Forgot to write my nick in the previous post, sorry
Maddog

Postby Marc G » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:I mean - see the gesture as you perform it, as a line drawn on the screen :)

That is an interesting feature. I'll put it on the todo, but I'm not sure yet how to implement this.

Anonymous wrote:also, I noticed that there's no delay for the gesture, I'll explain what I mean:

Since I use the Maxthon browser (which has mouse gestures as well) and it uses the right mouse key for gestures, I'm forced to use the middle mouse key with SE. BUT, when I just want to use the middle key to say scroll the page (single click on a webpage), I can't because SE informs me that this is not a recognized gesture.
The middle mouse button should only be recognized as a gesture if I like hold it for more that a few miliseconds (or if I move the mouse while holding it).

Yes, you are right. I didn't thought of that because my mouse has 2 extra buttons and I always use one of those extra buttons for the gestures. I'll add it to the todo list to find a suitable way to solve this.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Maddog » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:38 am

Thanks a lot, I'm always glad when my ideas are accepted :)
Maddog

another small suggestion

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:39 pm

This suggestion is for the auto-manage feature.
Call me crazy, but I got to have my file manager (total commander) as the first (left-hand) window.
(I just use the Re-order feature whenever it is somewhere else)

I'd love to see SE allowing me to configure constant positioning of windows in the taskbar using auto-manage.

BTW, how's the next version coming along?
Maddog

Re: another small suggestion

Postby Marc G » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:28 pm

Maddog wrote:This suggestion is for the auto-manage feature.
Call me crazy, but I got to have my file manager (total commander) as the first (left-hand) window.
(I just use the Re-order feature whenever it is somewhere else)

I'd love to see SE allowing me to configure constant positioning of windows in the taskbar using auto-manage.

Like you said it yourself, this is a crazy idea ;)
I'll add it to the todo, but it will have a lower priority.

Maddog wrote:BTW, how's the next version coming along?

Slow :( mainly because i'm finishing a new release of Wallpaper Cycler and because of other stuff going on.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:26 pm

Marc G wrote:Slow :( mainly because i'm finishing a new release of Wallpaper Cycler and because of other stuff going on.

You know, if you release small versions, even real tiny ones, but ones that have new features - you'd keep lots of us real happy :)

Postby Marc G » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Marc G wrote:Slow :( mainly because i'm finishing a new release of Wallpaper Cycler and because of other stuff going on.

You know, if you release small versions, even real tiny ones, but ones that have new features - you'd keep lots of us real happy :)

Yes I know, thank you for reminding me ;)
In fact, I'm gonna try to release more smaller incremental versions once Wallpaper Cycler 3.1 is out of the door.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

hehe

Postby Maddog » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:05 pm

I don't know why, but I like your attitude.
Best of luck to you Marc, thank you :)
Maddog

Return to SE - Wishlist