A task for Maximizing/Restoring Window and "Popup Menus

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

A task for Maximizing/Restoring Window and "Popup Menus

Postby thebitguru » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:27 am

I am really loving the new version of ShellEnhancer, especially the tasks and hot keys. I use a different program at work that gives me the ability to assign the same shortcut key for Maximize/Restore window functionality. So, it maximizes if the window isn't maximized, and restores if it's already maximized, through the same key. Would it be possible to have a similar task setup in SE?

Another feature that would help me completely replace GeoShell would be popup menus. How hard would it be to add popup menu tasks that display the entries in a folder? What kind of affect would a feature like that have on the memory footprint? :?

Thanks a lot for the great new version, and congratulations on writing such an awesome program; you are the man! :D
thebitguru

Re: A task for Maximizing/Restoring Window and "Popup M

Postby Marc G » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:48 am

thebitguru wrote:I am really loving the new version of ShellEnhancer, especially the tasks and hot keys. I use a different program at work that gives me the ability to assign the same shortcut key for Maximize/Restore window functionality. So, it maximizes if the window isn't maximized, and restores if it's already maximized, through the same key. Would it be possible to have a similar task setup in SE?
This is not possible for the moment because the tasks system in ShellEnhancer does not allow you to use if conditions. However, I like the suggestion and will add a new task command in the next version that will be something like "Toggle Window Maximize State".

thebitguru wrote:Another feature that would help me completely replace GeoShell would be popup menus. How hard would it be to add popup menu tasks that display the entries in a folder? What kind of affect would a feature like that have on the memory footprint? :?
Actually, this won't require that much work and will not really affect memory footprint. But to be sure I understand you correctly, you want a new task command where you can select a certain folder on your harddisk and when this command is executed, a popup menu is displayed with all the items in that folder?

thebitguru wrote:Thanks a lot for the great new version, and congratulations on writing such an awesome program; you are the man! :D
I'm glad you like it :D
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby thebitguru » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Right now I am using a combination of CTRL+ALT+A to Maximize, and CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A to Restore. Just thinking about it, would it possible to add a "core" command, just like minimize and maximize, that does maximize/restore. Going that way won't require support for conditional tasks. :)

You understood the menu feature exactly how I was thinking. I have also e-mailed you a screenshot of how the menu looks.

Thanks!
thebitguru

Postby Marc G » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:03 pm

thebitguru wrote:Right now I am using a combination of CTRL+ALT+A to Maximize, and CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A to Restore. Just thinking about it, would it possible to add a "core" command, just like minimize and maximize, that does maximize/restore. Going that way won't require support for conditional tasks. :)
Yes, that's what I meant in my reply. Conditional tasks is not yet supported and I'm not sure if it will ever be supported, but I will add a "core" command to toggle the maximize state of the window.

thebitguru wrote:You understood the menu feature exactly how I was thinking. I have also e-mailed you a screenshot of how the menu looks.
Thank you for the screenshot. :)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Wishlist