Priority setting in window's system menu

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for ShellEnhancer here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Priority setting in window's system menu

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:42 pm

Another extra item within a window's system menu to set the priority (e.g. Lowest, Below normal, Normal, Above normal, Highest, Realtime) would be nice.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:02 pm

Additionally, it would be nice if the extra items wouldn't be added at the very bottom of the window's system menu, but directly above "Close", so that "Close" is still on the very bottom. This way I can keep my trained mouse moves ;-)

Postby Marc G » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:38 am

Thank you for your suggestions.

About that priority setting, we'll look into it, but do keep in mind that you can only set priorities for a process or thread, NOT for a window. This means, when you change the priority with such a menuitem, the priority for all the windows in that process will be changed.

We'll add an option for you to choose where you want the extra menuitems to appear: on the bottom, at the top, above the close item, ...
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:27 pm

Both of your suggestions have been implemented. You can now even change the order of the extra menu items in the system menus. (see screenshot below):

Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:31 pm

wow, nice! thanks marc, you're just a cool guy! it seems i finally need to regsister to this forum, but i'm so lazy ;-)

Postby icec » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:39 am

hooray! the menu ordering system will be a much appreciated feature :D

just wondering, do you have an eta for the final version? i can't wait for it ! :) :)
icec

Postby Marc G » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:04 am

Unfortunately, I have no eta :(, but I can tell you that ShellEnhancer is in a feature freeze now.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:59 am

Sorry to dig this up, and I realize you are in feature freeze, but this might be an interesting idea to think about for a later release...

Sort of related to the above setting priority idea:
A way to configure processes to be a certain priority on start up would be excellent. For example, say I want someapp.exe to be always High priority instead of the default, I set it in some dialog box and set it to high, and from then on whenever I run it this is set.

Not sure if this is possible but an interesting idea I thought I would throw on here!
[a different guest than above]

Postby Marc G » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:54 pm

Nice suggestion.
I have added it to the todo list of ShellEnhancer.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Wishlist