Dual monitor layout with Mon2 to the left of main monitor

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Dual monitor layout with Mon2 to the left of main monitor

Postby DarinH » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Is this doable? or rather, doable easily?

Here's what I'm seeing (latest version of WPC)

When I bring up the layout editor, the top left of the layout is 0,0, which corresponds to the top left of my MAIN monitor.

Since the second monitor is to the LEFT of it, the second monitor's X coords are all negative, which means I can't easily position wallpaper objects on it (at least not that I'm aware of).

Have I missed something? or is that just supposed to automatically work. Or is this a layout that just isn't supported right now, maybe?

I've used WPC for years with the secondary monitor on the right, no trouble at all, but just recently had to rearrange things and that arrangement will no longer work.

Any ideas?
DarinH

Re: Dual monitor layout with Mon2 to the left of main monito

Postby Marc G » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 am

Do the rectangles you see in the layout editor match the physical position of your monitors?
What happens if you just design your layout in the designated rectangles in the layout editor and try it out? How does it look on the desktop?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DarinH » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:25 pm

I think I see what you mean.

However, I use a couple of layouts, one has an image for each monitor. Looks like I can just swap things around and that'll work ok.

The other however, is more of an issue.

It has a single wallpaper object stretched across the entire area.

When that layout is used, the image splits and DOES cover the whole area, but the top left of the image ends up at the top left of the primary monitor, which isn't correct because the secondary monitor is now to the LEFT of the primary.

When the secondary was on the RIGHT of the primary, the layout worked fine.

I hope that makes sense.
DarinH

Postby Marc G » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes, I understand what you mean. I looked through my todo list and this is an issue that was reported before.
The good news is, it's already fixed in an internal build of WPC 4.0, the bad news is, I can't put a date on the release of 4.0.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DarinH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 pm

No worries. Good to know it's already been accommodated. I'll probably just disable the one layout for now and go with separate images on each screen.

thanks!
DarinH

Return to WPC - General