Interested to Purchase - A Query re: License

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Interested to Purchase - A Query re: License

Postby Angelical_1 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi there,

Firstly I'd like to say I'm very impressed with Wallpaper Cycler 3.1.0.39 (even having only used the Lite version).

My concern to purchase is that of upgradeability.

Having looked at the version history it appears (other than ver 1x) all revisions have been 2 then 2.1 / 3 then 3.1. Would I be right in saying that the next version would be 4?

1. With this in mind would you suggest I hold out for the next version before purchasing?
2. Are upgrades at the cost as new purchases?
3. Is there information/link as to the planned development and/or timescale. ie: Future Features etc.

Kind Regards Angelical_1

P.S. - Of course one could argue that purchasing 3.1 has the advantages of the 3.x improvements.. whilst this is true I'd not have the pleasure/satisfaction of upgrading knowing my money was well spent.
Angelical_1

Postby Marc G » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:33 pm

Hi, I'm glad you like Wallpaper Cycler.

The pattern you observed with previous releases is correct. However, I can say for sure that the next version will not be a 4.x one, but will definitely be a 3.2.0.x version with some improvements and bug fixes. Even after that version, there will probably come more 3.x releases with improvements and fixes. Also, my releases at the moment are not that frequent. In the future, I'm going to try to release more frequent smaller updates, but even that requires quite some work to be able to deliver a version that is release-worthy to the public. At this moment, I'm wrapping up the release of ShellEnhancer 3.0 to be released next week.

In the future when Wallpaper Cycler 4.x gets released (can be quite a while, see above), I might give discounts for registered 3.x users, however I'm not yet sure how to do this with the online billing system.

To summarise: there will be other 3.x versions.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi Marc G,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I've purchased and recieved registration details.

Just sent Registration details within the "Give Feedback and/or Register Your Copy".

Many thanks and Kind Regards Angelical_1

Postby ArNeo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:54 pm

This was also my concerned about, i hope the development of you programs keep on going.

And of course that ppl keep supporting the developer with purcasing their products.

Ciao
ArNeo

Postby Marc G » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:28 pm

ArNeo wrote:This was also my concerned about, i hope the development of you programs keep on going.
I'm trying ;)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Re:

Postby Angelical_1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Marc,

I totally appreciate you're very busy, however I'm somewhat concerned by the considerable duration between releases. The following is from 22nd June 2006 (over 7 years ago).

I know you posted some screenshots of version 4... my question is, will this see the light of day :-(

Marc G wrote:Hi, I'm glad you like Wallpaper Cycler.

The pattern you observed with previous releases is correct. However, I can say for sure that the next version will not be a 4.x one, but will definitely be a 3.2.0.x version with some improvements and bug fixes. Even after that version, there will probably come more 3.x releases with improvements and fixes. Also, my releases at the moment are not that frequent. In the future, I'm going to try to release more frequent smaller updates, but even that requires quite some work to be able to deliver a version that is release-worthy to the public. At this moment, I'm wrapping up the release of ShellEnhancer 3.0 to be released next week.

In the future when Wallpaper Cycler 4.x gets released (can be quite a while, see above), I might give discounts for registered 3.x users, however I'm not yet sure how to do this with the online billing system.

To summarise: there will be other 3.x versions.

Also from another concerned user from 2006...

ArNeo wrote:This was also my concerned about, i hope the development of you programs keep on going.

Kind Regards Angelical_1
Angelical_1

Re: Interested to Purchase - A Query re: License

Postby Marc G » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm

There just are not enough hours in a day to do everything I would like to do :(
Right now I'm writing a book on C++.
I'm also in the process of moving to my new house which still needs some work to get done.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General