Two monitors, different aspect ratios.

Post your problems, feedback or anything else about Wallpaper Cycler that doesn't fit in one of the other forums.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Two monitors, different aspect ratios.

Postby valais » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm in the process of evaluating the 3.5 version of Wallpaper Cycler, and am trying to set it up so that both monitors show a different wallpaper. However, since both of my monitors have a different aspect ratio (one is 4:3, the other is 16:9), I wanted to set up my layout to select wallpapers from a specific category containing wallpapers at the appropriate resolution.

I've set up my layout with two wallpaper widgets and have configured them to select random wallpapers from the appropriate categories. When the wallpaper cycles, however, it's pulling the same wallpaper for each monitor, which leads to one of my monitors having black bars depending on the resolution that was selected.

Is there something that I've done wrong?
valais

Postby Marc G » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Can you please send me your .WCL file for inspection? Don't post it on this forum, instead, send it to our support email address.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby valais » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:57 pm

I've since got it working using tags instead of categories, so I think I'm good for now. Still playing around with some of the features.
valais

Postby Marc G » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:50 pm

I figured out what the initial problem was.
The feature to link a wallpaper object in a layout to a specific wallpaper category would only choose a random wallpaper from that category but not from the sub-categories. I have fixed this and now this feature works recursively.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - General