Programs minimize when desktop is cycled

Here you can report bugs you may find in Wallpaper Cycler.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Programs minimize when desktop is cycled

Postby ESpark » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:59 am

Hi,

I'm experiencing the one thing that is completely frustrating me about Wallpaper Cycler. When the thing cycles the desktop, it minimizes everything if I'm doing anything other than basic Windows things.

This includes gaming - and I'm playing games which do not react well to being minimized, and quite often tell you in their readmes that it is not wise to alt-tab using those games.

Needless to say, its very annoying to have to hope that when the wallpaper cycles, I don't lose 4/5 hours of gaming.
ESpark

Postby Marc G » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:51 am

This is really strange behaviour, because I use Wallpaper Cycler myself with just a 20 minute cycle interval and never experienced anything like this in games. There is absolutely no code in Wallpaper Cycler that minimizes windows.
Are you using Wallpaper Cycler 2.1?
Does it also happens when you are just working in notepad or something?
Perhaps you have another program running in the background that interferes with Wallpaper Cycler?
Which Windows are you running?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

related issue?

Postby sketcher69 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:52 pm

I think the issue I am having with Wallpaper Cycler may be related to this. Although none of my windows are minimized, upon 'cycle' wallpaper cycler steals the focus from whatever program I am working in. For instance in the course of typing this message I had to click in this window twice (my cycle is set to 1/minute) to continue typing after the focus was stolen. thx for your help.
sketcher69

Postby sketcher69 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:54 pm

I am running WinXP pro SP2 btw.
sketcher69

Re: related issue?

Postby Marc G » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:19 am

sketcher69 wrote:I think the issue I am having with Wallpaper Cycler may be related to this. Although none of my windows are minimized, upon 'cycle' wallpaper cycler steals the focus from whatever program I am working in. For instance in the course of typing this message I had to click in this window twice (my cycle is set to 1/minute) to continue typing after the focus was stolen. thx for your help.

Which version of Wallpaper Cycler are you running?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Bug Reports