Windows 2000 installation problem

Here you can report bugs you may find in Wallpaper Cycler.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Windows 2000 installation problem

Postby mmcjwo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:26 am

I installed WallpaperCycler_3.5.0.97 Lite on Windows 2000 without any apparent problems. But when I tried to run it the first time, this message appeared:

Unable to locate DLL
The dynamic link library MFC80.DLL could not be found in the specific path [and then it listed a long string of paths including this location for WallpaperCycler: C:\Program Files\NuonSoft\WallpaperCycler3]

I did a Windows Explorer search and found the file in this directory:

C:\Program Files\NuonSoft\WallpaperCycler3\Microsoft.VC80.MFC

So I copied the missing file and also "Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest" into the parent directory and the program seems to work okay now.

Fingers are crossed.

I'm posting this note in case anyone else comes across the same problem. My Win2k installation is pretty vanilla so I'd be surprised if there's something unique about my setup.
mmcjwo

Postby Marc G » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:40 am

Yes, that's correct. It has to be in subfolders for XP and later but not vor anything earlier than XP ;)
In some cases it might even be required to copy the other DLLs and manifest files from the other subfolders (Microsoft.XYZ) into the root of the application folder.
However, it wasn't tested on anything less than XP so it might that be some functionality is not working.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Bug Reports