Categories time constraints problem

Here you can report bugs you may find in Wallpaper Cycler.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Postby Deerain » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Lastest version. You could be right actualy I think it may have happened on other programs. Another thing that may be my fault is that when you boot up and wallpaper cycler starts it says it cant find any pictures and disables the category and stops cycling. When I open up the main menu and click on the category it starts off blank then lists all the pictures and you can enable it then, any ideas is it something I have done
Deerain

Postby Marc G » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:21 pm

Strange.
Are you using time-constraints on your categories? You can check this by opening the properties of a category.
Also, what exactly do you mean with " and click on the category it starts off blank then lists all the pictures and you can enable it then"? Enable what? The category or cycling?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:20 pm

Yeah i am but the are fine. I have 2 categorys and one runs at night and the other run in the day. but they are set so that when one runs out the other kicks in. Hum I just rebooted and it was fine its started cycling fine. gonna do a turn off the start up and see what happens.

Postby Deerain » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:26 pm

Hummm, well its working fine now so I am not sure what happened there. If it happens again I will let you know and try and get a screen grab of it.
Deerain

Postby Deerain » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:58 pm

nope its done it again. It looks like the category is not getting enabled when it boots up. i may have something to do with it being turned off in one time zone category and then being started in the other one, which would have been disabled when I turned off the machine.
Deerain

Postby Marc G » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:38 pm

[ split thread ]
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Another user also mentioned this behaviour, but I can't reproduce it. I will look into it further.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Still get this prob

Postby Deerain » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:25 pm

This still happens. The time contraints are right example below

5:00 to 19:00 -> folder 1
19:00 to 5:00 -> folder 2

dose the program try to enable the catagorys at regular intervals, mabey thats the problem. It only seems to happen when I shut down the pc in one time constraint then boot up in another.
Mabey because the cycler trys to display the wallpaper when i boot up but because I have had it switched off for a while the category has change and it checks the constraint before displaying so thats why it disables it and dosent activate the other one. Posably having a check on all category time contraints when you start the cycler will solve this.
I dont know how this program runs so I am only throwing ideas out to you in case you havent thought of them so I could be way off the mark.

great program otherwise :)
Deerain

Re: Still get this prob

Postby Marc G » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:52 pm

Deerain wrote:This still happens. The time contraints are right example below

5:00 to 19:00 -> folder 1
19:00 to 5:00 -> folder 2

dose the program try to enable the catagorys at regular intervals, mabey thats the problem. It only seems to happen when I shut down the pc in one time constraint then boot up in another.

Interesting to know that. I'll try to fix it for the next release.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Deerain » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:04 pm

Cheers thx :)
Deerain

Return to WPC - Bug Reports