Version 3.6 has totally messed up my config

Here you can report bugs you may find in Wallpaper Cycler.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Version 3.6 has totally messed up my config

Postby rico » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 pm

I spent half an hour trying to fix the quotes, still not working as in the previous version (line breaks from the editor are not displayed as line breaks).

Even worse, my highly sophisticated config with daytime appropriate switching of seasonal wallpapers is messed up! I have a folder structure like this:

e.g.:
Summer
|- Dawn
|- Morning
|- Summer (main for daytime)
|- Dusk
|- Evening
|- Night

Now all of a sudden (since 3.6), I have in many of those subfolders (not in Dawn and not in main folder) some more subfolders, e.g. fall, spring, summer, winter. I have NO idea where those come from! these subfolders have no business there! Deleting them is only temporary, they reappear after the next WPC restart (of course I DO save the changes).

I'm really pi$$ed and want to go back to 3.5, but I don't know if this would make things worse.
rico

Re: Version 3.6 has totally messed up my config

Postby Marc G » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:56 am

This might be caused by a new feature of the auto synchronization feature. Auto-sync now properly detects new folders and will add them to your list.
Do those subfolders exist on your harddisk on that place? If so, it's happening because of auto-sync. you could disable auto-sync.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to WPC - Bug Reports