Random from same category with tags

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Random from same category with tags

Postby Sanduleak » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:42 am

Hi.

I have been using WC for about a month now, and there is a thing that I son´t know how to do or even know if it is possible.

I have some categories and inside them I have Landscapes and "vertical" wallpapers (that is the best way to explain it, even knowing that is not the appropiate word to use, sorry, my english is not as good as I whoul like it to be).

I have a multimonitor configuration with different layouts that mix Landscape and vertical wallpapers, everything is ok when I select "Random with given tag" and sepparate the walls in "vertical" and "Landscape"... as long as I choose them just for one category, cause when I try to do it with more than one cat. the wallpapers mix up and the final layout if fine, but the walls are from different categories.

I know it may sound confusing, so I will try to explain myself.

1.- The walls have two different tags, "Landscape" and "Vertical".
2.- I have multiple categories with Landscape and vertical wallpapers in every one of them.
3.- I want to have a generic layout with mixed Landscape and Vertical wallpapers, but all from the same category and only from that category, so when it changes all walls stay in category.

I know I can do this by having different tags for different categories, as in "Landscape category 1", "Landscape category 2"... etc, but that will require having as many layouts as categories to have the walls ordered as I want them to be.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sanduleak

Re: Random from same category with tags

Postby Marc G » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:14 pm

So, if I add an option to the wallpaper layout object called "Random from same category and with given tag", does this solve your issue?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Re: Random from same category with tags

Postby Sanduleak » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:58 am

Yes, that wihould be awesome for me... amd I think that for everyone else too.

Thanks a lot Marc.
Sanduleak

Return to WPC - Wishlist