Dynamic Layouts

Post your suggestions, wanted features,... for Wallpaper Cycler here.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

Dynamic Layouts

Postby Socrates1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Hello,

I searched around and no one had submitted this to the wish list. Through layouts I am looking to dynamically change the layout depending on the main wallpaper image. For instance, when the main wallpaper image is wider than tall make two smaller wallpaper images/objects fully transparent and when the main image is taller than wide, show the transparent images.
Socrates1

Postby Marc G » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:57 pm

Although I like the idea, I don't immediately can think of a way to implement it in a user-friendly way. I'll put it on the todo list anyway for some future version.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 pm

Actually, I have implemented a tag system in Wallpaper Cycler. You can read more about this in this blog post.

This feature can also be used for your feature request.
In your case, you specify landscape and portrait tags to your wallpapers. These 2 tags are btw automatically assigned by WPC when importing new wallpapers.
Then you create a separate layout for landscape and for portrait and assign the correct tags to these layouts. Then WPC will take a landscape layout for landscape images and a portrait layout for portrait pictures.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby wjk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 pm

This is what I did and it works really well.

Thank you.
wjk

Return to WPC - Wishlist