More minimizing problems...

Here you can report bugs you may find in ShellEnhancer.

Moderators: Marc G, Johan G

More minimizing problems...

Postby DeViLbOi » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:40 pm

Strange problem I have been having since the upgrade only happens with Mozilla windows. When I minimize the windows and restore them via Alt-Tab I only get a small 100x30 titlebar with controls. If I alt-tab to them again the window is restored to the proper size. Also if I attempt to drag the minimized task window it appears to be fullsize. Hopefully the screenshot below will answer any questions that come up...

Screenshot
DeViLbOi

Postby Marc G » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:55 am

To try to replicate the problem over here, i have a few questions:
Which version of Mozilla are you using?
Does it happen with all Mozilla windows?
Does this only happen with ShellEnhancer 2.0 and not with 1.0?
You are apparently not running the default Windows shell. Which shell are you running + version?
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
[ Microsoft MVP VC++ since 2007 ]
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DeViLbOi » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:17 pm

Which version of Mozilla are you using?

Mozilla Thunderbird 7/6/2004 Nightly Build
Mozilla Firefox .9.1

Does it happen with all Mozilla windows?

So far

Does this only happen with ShellEnhancer 2.0 and not with 1.0?

Yes

You are apparently not running the default Windows shell. Which shell are you running + version?

LiteStep .24.7rc3
DeViLbOi

Postby Marc G » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:14 am

Thank you for the information.
I have installed FireFox 0.9.1, but i do not experience the same problem as you do, so I guess it's related to the combination litestep and firefox.
I will install litestep and see what i get.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DeViLbOi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:41 pm

Lemmie try messing around with LS before you start jumping into that headache. You may never get back to working on ShellEnhancer if you start with LS. :)
DeViLbOi

Postby DeViLbOi » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:47 pm

Ok...I tested the problem out with all 3 of our task modules and I could reproduce it every time. After loading a new task module it would switch fine 3 times...on the 4th the problem would start to happen and continue until the task module was refreshed. When I used the task module to restore the window I never had an issue, just with Alt+Tab.
DeViLbOi

Postby Marc G » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:43 pm

DeViLbOi wrote:Lemmie try messing around with LS before you start jumping into that headache. You may never get back to working on ShellEnhancer if you start with LS. :)

Is LS that user friendly ;)
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby Marc G » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:49 pm

DeViLbOi wrote:Ok...I tested the problem out with all 3 of our task modules and I could reproduce it every time. After loading a new task module it would switch fine 3 times...on the 4th the problem would start to happen and continue until the task module was refreshed. When I used the task module to restore the window I never had an issue, just with Alt+Tab.

It's only after the fourth time ... strange.

Well, I will dig a little deeper and try to find something, but because I can't replicate the problem over here, is there any way that I can contact you to test it for me? If you don't want to put your email on this public forum, please send me an email if you wish (marc.gregoire@nuonsoft.com).
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Postby DrWorm » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:52 pm

Since I'm running LS also I thought I would see if I could reproduce the problem. But I can't. I'm testing with Firefox 0.9.1 with my Eye-Drop theme (which doesn't use a task module at all) and Glaze. Basically I minimised Firefox then Alt-Tabbed to it, rinsed and repeated.

I am using the enhanced task switcher and the screenshot/preview for Firebird is a minimised window like in Devilboi's screenshot (as it should be), but it restores fine.
DrWorm

Postby Marc G » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:30 am

Thank you for testing it on another system :)

... then it has to be something else running on DeViLbOi system.

ps: i'm glad it does seem to run on LiteStep :) I've never tested it with a third party shell.
Marc Gregoire,
NuonSoft
Marc G
NuonSoft Staff

Return to SE - Bug Reports