Page 1 of 1

Photoshop-style window scrolling?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:58 am
by stickboy
In the same vein as the X-Windows-style window moving/resizing, would it be possible to add Photoshop-style window scrolling?

In Photoshop and in most other paint applications, one can hold down a key (e.g. the spacebar) and drag within a window to scroll its contents. The cursor turns into a "grabbing hand" when doing this; dragging to the left shifts the window contents to the left (thus scrolling to the right).

The usual behavior is that when dragging, the window contents always have a fixed position relative to the mouse cursor. That is, moving the mouse cursor by x pixels scrolls the window by x pixels.

I imagine that that part probably isn't feasible, since most windows don't have a notion of scrolling in pixel increments.

I guess an alternative might be to keep the mouse cursor in a fixed location on the screen and to scroll the window in the direction you move.

Or maybe an auto-scrolling ability like Firefox and IE provide when middle-clicking would be sufficient.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:09 pm
by Marc G
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll add them to the todo, but i'm not sure if they would be possible...